[GNC] Considering upgrade from late-2012 iMac 27inch to current iMac 27inch

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 06:04:48 EDT 2021

On 19 Jun 2021, at 17:49, Michael Hendry <hendry.michael at gmail.com> wrote:

> I’m planning to replace my current iMac with its current equivalent, which will presumably run Big Sur.
>
> Although the 24 inch models use the Apple M1 chip, the 27 inch iMac has an Intel Core i9 processor, so I’m hopeful that any software I’m currently using (with Mac OS Catalina) will run OK on the replacement.
>
> Can anyone comment on this as it applies to GnuCash?
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael

I’m happy to report that once I’d cloned my old iMac (end 2012) to my new one (mid 2020) I was able to run GnuCash 4.4 without any issues. The new computer has an Intel processor, not an M1.

In due course, I’ll upgrade to 4.6, but my needs are simple, and I’ll leave it until I’ve checked over all my other non-Apple applications.

Michael