[GNC] Possible Bug with GNUCash - GNUCash cannot see/open files with OneDrive

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Jul 20 16:02:06 EDT 2021

I don't have One Drive so I'm guessing, but macOS10.15 introduced some security restrictions on access to certain folders which macOS 11 tightened up even more. You might need to give GnuCash some extra privileges. Open System Preferences, go to the Security and Privacy pane, select the privacy tab, and scroll down the left list to Files and Folders. With that selected find Gnucash.app in the right list and see what folders are listed under it. If OneDrive appears there and isn't checked, click the padlock in the lower left corner, authenticate, and then check the box for the OneDrive folder. Start GnuCash and see if you can find your file.

If that doesn't work or if there is no line for OneDrive, go to the Full Disk Access item, one up in the left list. Find Gnucash.app in the right list and check its box (you'll have to click the padlock and authenticate if you haven't already). Start GnuCash and try to open the file.

Regards,
John Ralls