[GNC] Removing "," (comma) delimiters from large numbers

Tim Hume tim at nomuka.com
Fri Jul 23 23:25:48 EDT 2021

Hi,

I'm exporting my transactions as CSV for processing by another program (awk - but that's not really relevant). Large numbers in the exported CSV have commas in them, like this:

"20,000"

In theory the quotes protect the comma from being considered a separator. But in practice it's hard to get regular expressions to recognise this. My current solution is to export the transactions with ";" (semi-colon) delimiters. But I would be interested in a way to prevent GnuCash putting commas in large numbers. Not all countries use the comma to break up large numbers. Some use spaces and other things. And I've seen the comma used as a decimal separator in some cases.

Is this behaviour baked into GnuCash ... or maybe I could change it with the LC_ environment variables?

Cheers,

Tim Hume

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.