[GNC] Stopping auto transfer

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 04:22:10 EDT 2021

The QFX importer gives you a chance to edit each transaction individually,
'training' it to select the desired account and whether to accept the
cleared date at teh bank or choose a different date, or, importantly, to
discard mis-matches to existing transactions.  While the process is tedious
at first, after several months there are fewer mis-matches, depending on
how your bank formats the descriptions.  GnuCash only learns what you train
it during the import process.

There are a few settings under Edit > Preferences > Online Banking that
fine-tunes the import process, but I have not tried to adjust them myself.

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 11:41 PM Niranjan Rao <nhrdls at gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>

> On Ubuntu 20.04, GunCash V3.8
>

> When I import QFX files downloaded from my financial institutions,
> gnucash often miscategorizes the transfer. For example, typically when I
> import my bank transactions, any payment is imported as transfer to my
> credit card. Any credit card transaction imports result into most of the
> transactions as transfers to bank.
>
> This of course creates lot of confusion as when I try to reconcile the
> accounts.
>

> Is there any way to stop automatic transfer. I'm ok if it shows transfer
> to imbalance usd as it gives me a chance to review the transaction.
>

> Regards,
>

> Niranjan

David Carlson