[GNC] Linux still at 4.5

Guille Lopez willelopz at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 06:53:43 EDT 2021

Hi Stephen,

The problem you are seeing is caused by the fact that the normal distro
installation of GnuCash stores all the user data (e.g. custom reports)
typically under $HOME/.local/share/gnucash (or similar), and the flatpak
installation saves (and tries to find) the information under
$HOME/.var/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/data (More info here:
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations)

If you want to have the same environment when using the flatpak version,
you need to copy that information to the expected folder.

In order to prevent any kind of data loss, I would do the following:

0) Backup your Gnucash file!!

1) Backup your $HOME/.local/share/gnucash (check first that for your
distro, the gnucash is using that location).

2) If you have already done some work from the flatpak version, backup
also $HOME/.var/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/data.

3) Copy the contents from $HOME/.local/share/gnucash into
$HOME/.var/app/org.gnucash.GnuCash/data.

4) Try to open gnucash flatpak a try to open your saved reports. (They
should be there).

Best Regards,

Guille