[GNC] Balance Sheet and Win Loose Statement

D. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 13:49:16 EDT 2021

I believe one can set the date for the balance sheet using options, and that would be how I handled that. I'd assume that getting these numbers for past years (say, for 2010) would be a one time process, assuming that your 2010 books wouldn't change any more, once they are complete. Once derived, they could be written down, printed, or otherwise captured in final form for future reference, so I don't see why you're looking to introduce a new level of complexity to the process.

As for your ideas about python functions, I don't work with gnucash at that level, so I'll let someone else try and answer whether such functions exist (but I doubt they do).

David T.