[GNC] Australian cash residuals - Non- GnuCash question

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 04:28:20 EDT 2021

Hi,

I apologize in advance for this non GnuCash question but I searched the
internet and could not find an answer

and I don't think I could get an answer I would trust from the Australian
share registries help lines.

I wonder if any Australian investors can help me with this.

If you reinvest your dividends and have multiple share holdings in a
particular company under different

SRN's (Security Ref Nos), is the cash residual (difference between total
dividend amount and the value of the

shares added because of the dividend reinvestment) held by SRN
(Investor/Company/SRN) or just a total per

investor (Investor/Company)?

For those non Australians, who may be wondering, this cash residual occurs
because, in my experience,

all Australian companies dividend reinvestment plans only reinvest a whole
no of shares.

(Although there has been 1 company that actually rounds up the no of shares
issued, so actually gives you more

shares than the dividend total - a real pain to account for).

I'd like to know because I've recently had to start dealing with multiple
SRN's per company and I have another

System I wrote (MS Access if anyone Aussie is interested - pls email me
direct) which I need to modify to handle

the multiple SRN's per company.

I suppose different share registries could do different things, so I'm
really mostly interested in what

ComputerShare & Link do.

Regards,

Chris Good