[GNC] No Suitable Backend Found

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Jul 28 12:03:38 EDT 2021

Hi,

On Wed, July 28, 2021 11:57 am, Adam Hodnett wrote:
> Maybe it is a metadata file... I do have many of the
> <filename>.YYYYMMDDHHMMSS.gnucash files in the same directory as the
> <filename>.gnucash file. They all give the same error. There are also .txt
> files with the same names.
>
> I recovered the data with EaseUS Data Recovery. I am attempting to recover
> the same data with a different program at the moment, in case that's the
> issue.

It is sounding like the recovery did not succeed.  If the backup failed to
recover even a single block of data it will cause the decompression to
fail.  Windows doesn't really have all the best tools to debug these kinds
of issues.

> .gnucash files are all between 70kb and about 140kb.

Assuming you mean KB (KiloBytes) and not kb (kilobits), those files are
probably about the correct size if you don't have a ton of transactions.
My 15-year-old data file is 2.8 MB.

Note:  Backups only work if you copy the data to another storage system
off your main system.

> Adam Hodnett
> Videographer | Project Coordinator

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745