[GNC] Transactions imported from the file assigned to wrong account

Jim DeLaHunt list+gnucash at jdlh.com
Mon Jun 21 18:05:22 EDT 2021

Aleksandar:

Which file format are you importing?  The UI and procedure are slightly
different for each one. I am most familiar with OFX file import, and
secondarily with CSV file import.

At the beginning of the import process, there is a step when GnuCash has
you designate which GnuCash account should receive the transactions you
are importing. For OFX format files, GnuCash can then remember a
correspondence between the account number in the OFX file and the
GnuCash account which receives the transaction, and it doesn't need to
ask you the next time that you import.

Have you read through the GnuCash Guide documentation about file import?
<https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-guide/importing-from-files.html#importing-ofx>

Best regards,

     —Jim DeLaHunt