[GNC] Transactions imported from the file assigned to wrong account

David Cousens davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 19:31:50 EDT 2021

Aleksandar,

Have you looked at the account assignments that are stored in the account
mapping. If you open the Map editor (Tools->Import Map Editor) and open the
Online tab you will find the information GnuCash is using to map the accounts.
It is possible that in early import attempts the wrong mapping between the
accounts in the import file and the internal GnuCash files might have occurred.
If you find any incorrect account assignments there they can be deleted. Next
time you do an import you will be asked to assign the account information in the
import record to an internal GnuCash account for any matchings you have deleted.
This can appear a bit confusing since most of us will assign the same names our
bank uses to our accounts in GnuCash but it actually is separate information

David

Dr David R Cousens
B.Sc, M.Prof. Acc., Ph.D., G.C.Ed