[GNC] Finance::Quote v1.50 Released

Bruce Schuck bschuck at asgard-systems.com
Sun Jun 27 23:14:58 EDT 2021

On 6/27/21 6:58 PM, Outlook wrote:

> Thanks, just installed it by using

> cpanm Finance::Quote —force

> Finance::Quote v1.50 is working well with GNC v4.6 now……:)

Understandable. The last two major releases of OSX (Catalina and Big
Sur) have presented challenges when trying to compile Perl modules.

On my work macbook running 10.15.7 Catalina the trick was adding this to
my environment before using cpan or cpanm.

export
CPATH=/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/System/Library/Perl/5.18/darwin-thread-multi-2level/CORE:$CPATH

Others have opted to use completely separate installs of Perl, usually
installed using Homebrew.

- Bruce S.