[GNC] Gnucash issues with Ubuntu on external drives

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Mar 12 23:33:13 EST 2021

Not sure about the external locations as I personally don't use them
with GnuCash. I know plenty of people use DropBox and similar, but those
are most likely at best, local links. Maybe take that approach and see
if things improve in that area.

As for the random/sporadic other stuff, sorry, I can't help other than
to offer that until very recently, even across several decades, I never
experienced such things. Then two separate keyboards started wigging out
on me. Each one had random and different keys that didn't work. (one
bluetooth, the other USB) In some cases, normal use was only possible
using BOTH keyboards, sometimes with one using a control key while
pressing the secondary key on the other keyboard. Crazy stuff.

Yesterday, I couldn't even log in to my desktop at all because it got so
bad. Eventually I dismantled one keyboard and tried touching the bare
circuit printings. (which worked!) I then put that keyboard back
together and now it magically works fine. (after over a month of being
obnoxious; the other keyboard is still in lala land/on sabbatical)
tl;dr—sometimes, there is no rational explanation for logic circuits not
working. (makes sense if you ponder that one long enough)

Best of luck on that front...

Regards,
Adrien