[GNC] Gnucash issues with Ubuntu on external drives

Jeff beastmaster126 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 12 07:41:56 EST 2021

My Windows 10 pro server recently went unstable so I am trying to move
as much data and programs as I can to a new internal harddrive running
Ubuntu 20.04-LTS. This includes Thunderbird, which I have so far been
unsuccessful in migrating and that makes it difficult for me to keep up
with the user list.

I installed GNC 4.4 on Ubuntu.

I'm getting some input issues that occur at random intervals. Account
names that seemingly cease to exist when doing line entry, account names
hiding when highlighted by mouse or keyboard. Auto-fill that does not
duplicate the prior entry (previous entry was Hurley, auto fills with Hu
unless I add the r.)  Minor inconvenient issues at the moment.  Will
post about them later.

What I can not find is why GNC will not show all of the mounted hard
drives, internal or external, when selecting a set of books to open.
Nor will it open the last set of books used if it was on an external
drive (I have not yet tried copying them to the Ubuntu drive to see if
works) .  I have to go to file manager and double-click the set of books
I need.

Suggestions?

--
--JEffrey Black M.B.A.