[GNC] asset discrepancy in change of year

Andrea Borgia andrea at borgia.bo.it
Sat Mar 27 13:40:25 EDT 2021

Il 27/03/21 18:20, John Ralls ha scritto:
> Andrea,
>
> The most likely reason is that you failed to book a capital gain/loss from a stock sale or a currency exchange.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Hi, John.

That could be interesting for 2021 since I bought quite a few USD to
invest in a mutual fund but for 2020 there are just 2 currency
conversion and nothing large enough to "hide" a profit of 22.8 EUR.  In
2020 I only bought funds in EUR and not sold anything. No sale, nothing
to record, right?

Additionally, when carrying over the mutual funds I've done the following:

* manually set a price that was close enough to the actual one

* calculate how much each fund was worth

* carry over the number of shares and the fund value

* let gnucash derive the price in the new book from value and shares

Thanks,

Andrea.