[GNC] closing of books and multiple currencies: a question on exchanges

Andrea Borgia andrea at borgia.bo.it
Sun Mar 28 04:59:57 EDT 2021

Il 27/03/21 22:54, David Cousens ha scritto:

> On the mutual fund purchase. It is most likely that the fund will  > have paid US taxes on its earnings so you are unlikely to be liable
 > for any tax in the US so there is likely little value in maintaining
 > US expense or income accounts. I base that un professional opinion >
only on general principles
Indeed, the italian bank will handle the tax obligations on my behalf,
be they in Italy or in the USA.

I'll modify this year too following this logic, now that I understand it.

> We can really only give advice on the program and its operation and  > how to achieve a desired recording using GnuCash once you know what
 > recording is necessary and appropriate for your circumstances. God >
luck!
While this might be true in a general sense, for my level of
(non)expertise I find that this list quite often provides good informal
guidance on the accounting basics and for this I'm grateful.

Thanks,

Andrea.