[GNC] Investments: Bank, Asset or Equity?

arctostaphylos mjbrady at acm.org
Sun Mar 28 11:38:54 EDT 2021

I'd also note that having a bank account within a brokerage account is
common. Most brokerages have the ability to "sweep" cash balances into and
out of a linked bank account. That account is part of your total investment
balance. If you don't have a sweep account, then you'd need an account for
cash held by the broker in between transactions.

As for the Mutual Fund account type, that's useful for direct fund
investments that are not done through a broker.

GnuCash - User mailing list wrote