[GNC] Blank entry in my check register -- can't be removed

randix butterandsalt at gmail.com
Sun May 2 12:32:11 EDT 2021

I'm using Windows 10 Pro, GnuCash Version: 4.5
Build ID: 4.5+(2021-03-27)
Finance::Quote: 1.49

This issue is a new one, I've never experienced in all the years of using
GnuCash.

In my check register for one of my accounts, I just noticed a blank
transaction (has a May 2nd date and all other fields are empty). If I try
and delete it, *nothing happens*. I exited out of GnuCash and then
re-started, but it's still there.  It's almost like it's "locked" but that
feature doesn't exist (does it?) in GnuCash.  This blank line appears
amongst other transactions, both before and after, eg it's not the
"standard" blank line for new entries (that remains unchanged) that appears
on the current date.

It's not impacting the balance, etc., so I guess it's "harmless" but...

Any ideas of what's goin' on?