[GNC] Blank entry in my check register -- can't be removed

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 18:35:28 EDT 2021

I have occasionally had the 'New Transaction' window seem to get stuck in a
fixed position in the transaction sequence of the register view and not
disappear or fall to the bottom of the window when it ordinarily would.
When that happened to me, it would revert to it's expected behavior after
saving and re-booting.  I was never able to figure out why.

On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 5:03 PM randix <butterandsalt at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using Windows 10 Pro, GnuCash Version: 4.5
> Build ID: 4.5+(2021-03-27)
> Finance::Quote: 1.49
>
> This issue is a new one, I've never experienced in all the years of using
> GnuCash.
>
> In my check register for one of my accounts, I just noticed a blank
> transaction (has a May 2nd date and all other fields are empty). If I try
> and delete it, *nothing happens*. I exited out of GnuCash and then
> re-started, but it's still there.  It's almost like it's "locked" but that
> feature doesn't exist (does it?) in GnuCash.  This blank line appears
> amongst other transactions, both before and after, eg it's not the
> "standard" blank line for new entries (that remains unchanged) that appears
> on the current date.
>
> It's not impacting the balance, etc., so I guess it's "harmless" but...
>
> Any ideas of what's goin' on?
>

> --

David Carlson