[GNC] Reconcile Opening Balance

Ove Grunnér write2ove at gmail.com
Tue May 4 02:48:56 EDT 2021

Here is how I deal with this.

When I Download a statement from a bank I  convert it to a standard format
to make importing to gnucash easier, as all banks have different formats.
When I do this conversion I also add a new transaction for each day when
the statement has an end of day balance.
Date: 01/01/2021
Withdrawal: 0
Transfer account: Information Balance

That way it is very easy to spot where there is a mistake.

If you can't automate this you can easily create a manual transaction each
month or week when you reconcile your account.

Kind regards Ove