[GNC] Trouble Installing Online Price Retrieval Tool

Sudesh Chandar schandar2205 at yahoo.com
Wed May 5 03:09:50 EDT 2021

Hello  Group,
I am a new user of GNU cash and have recently downloaded and installed Gnucash ver 4.5 on a windows 10 64 bit machine.
I am trying to run the script for Installing online price retrieval and the command line freezes after a while.
It installed the Strawberry perl just fine and the install check and version check passes ok and then it copies all the *.pm files just ok.
Where it hangs is after the message  "C:\Strawberry\c\bin\gmake.exe -- OK'
What am I missing?
I also checked the Gnucash app under the help menu/ about and the "Finance::Quote" module is not installed.
Any Help from the group as to why this is happening and how to resolve it?
Regards,Sid