[GNC] Discretionary taxes

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Mon May 10 22:29:09 EDT 2021

On 2021-05-10 15:10, Martijn Heuts wrote:
> Hello trying to find a way to add discretionary taxes in GNUcash.

"Discretionary taxes" sounds on a par with "deafening silence" or
"mournful optimist." :-)

> Descretionary tax in our county is a 1% fee on taxable revenue, paid monthly and added by the IRS when you file the sales taxes.

Surely _not_ the IRS. The Internal Revenue Service is part of the
Federal government, and Federal taxes must be uniform throughout the
United States. (U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 8) There's no such
tax here where I live now, or in the three others states I've lived in,
so it can't be a Federal tax.

Maybe you meant the Florida (or county) tax or revenue department?

--
Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA