[GNC] Discretionary taxes

GWB gwb at 2realms.com
Mon May 10 23:23:56 EDT 2021

There was indeed a US federal level medical device excise tax, but it
was placed in moratorium in 2015 and repealed in 2019:

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/medical-device-excise-tax

This must be a county tax.  Well, I'm stumped.  It probably should be
tracked and calculated, but I'm not sure how.  The check for the 7.5%
of the non-exempt revenue probably goes to Florida Dept. of Revenue,
the check for the 1% probably goes to the county?  Martin, I think
your idea of splitting it into a separate account might be the way to
go.  But for federal tax on S Corp, Schedule C, etc., I don't know how
that works.  You effectively have an 8.5% sales tax on non-exempt
items.  But do the federal tax schedules treat the 1% differently?  I
hope not.

Gordon