[GNC] Equity Accounts - Opening Balance or no?

Troy Spindler tspin1 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 15:39:19 EDT 2021

Hey all.

Does anyone know what's the difference between an Equity account with vs.
without having "Opening balance" checked off? From what I can tell, they do
the same thing.

I have a new business with its own Gnu Cash file, and I'm trying to record
my transfers from my personal accounts as equity rather than income. It
seems right to use an "Opening balance" account to record my initial
investments I made in the company, but should I treat all future transfers
from personal the same way? If so, what would a Equity account that isn't
an Opening balance account be used for?

Thank you,
Troy