[GNC] Gnucash terminal commands not working & e-mail reply to all

smada46 at hotmail.com smada46 at hotmail.com
Thu May 13 19:30:27 EDT 2021

Dave,
Thanks for the info.  Fixed my problem.  Copying and pasting what you sent did not work immediately, but your instructions to right click the gnucash.app in Finder, Show Package Contents allowed me to see the path.  It then dawned on me that I have two versions of Gnucash in the Applications folder and needed to specify which one.  After a few trial and errors putting the program number of Gnucash in (4.4-2) and it not working, I double clicked on one of the executable files in Contents/MacOS and the resulting Terminal window showed that I needed a backslash and space in front of the version of Gnucash i.e. /Applications/Gnucash\ 4.4-2/Contents/Macos/xxxx.  Now works fine.  Thanks for the help.
I know you said you don’t use my e-mail program, but got to thinking my interpretation of what is requested is wrong.  In other words, does reply to all mean to everyone subscribed to the Mail List (gnucash-user at gnucash.org <mailto:gnucash-user at gnucash.org>) and not just to those who are responding on the specific string for the specific topic I am responding to?  If the former, it is an easy copy/paste of gnucash-user at gnucash.org.  Thanks again for the help.