[GNC] Online quotes for a mutual fund

jacob at larsen.net jacob at larsen.net
Mon May 17 16:49:12 EDT 2021

On 2021-05-17 21:29, jacob at larsen.net wrote:
> This suggests that the issue is with my setup and not the sources as
> such.

Some more googling finally found me this one:
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/GNC-Finance-Quote-sort-of-works-almost-td4724226.html

So it turns out that I need to install the unreleased master branch of
Finance::Quote for this to work, since ftfunds have changed URL, and is
broken in the latest v1.49 version. I cloned
https://github.com/finance-quote/finance-quote.git, then copied
lib/Finance/* to /usr/local/share/perl/5.26.1/Finance/ where my
Finance::Quote is installed. I then additionally installed these from
cpan: Web::Scraper, Spreadsheet::XLSX, HTML::TokeParser::Simple.

And now I am able to use the online quotes for all these funds. Thanks.

/Jacob