[GNC] A Linux utility/program to print ABA and account numbers on stock/blank checks

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed May 19 23:39:07 EDT 2021

> On May 19, 2021, at 6:34 PM, local10 via gnucash-user <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Is there a Linux utility/program to print ABA and account numbers on stock/blank checks? Or perhaps it's somehow possible to do from Gnucash?

It doesn't require special software, it requires a special MICR font and technically special magnetic ink, though 15 years ago when I was using those checks I mostly got away with plain laser printer toner. I don't think GnuCash's check-printing code knows how to switch fonts and I'm not sure that it's able to place the RID/Account line precisely enough. I always used a Microsoft Windows program (sorry, I don't remember the name) from a company that also sold the blank checks.

Regards,
John Ralls