[GNC] Trial Balance Error

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun May 23 18:34:21 EDT 2021

Dennis.

I do not have a good understanding of how the trial balance report works,
but it does look at security prices in the GnuCash price database.  That is
over my pay grade.
If you have been tracking that stock price in GnuCash, that can do funny
things to the way the report assigns values to the stock at various times.
In fact, I have found that there are ways to fill the price database with
bad numbers so it would not hurt to look at what is in your price
database..

I also do not use scrubbing, so I cannot comment there either.

On Sun, May 23, 2021 at 4:40 PM <smada46 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
> Thanks.  I’ve studied the cap gains and think I have a reasonable
> understanding of how to determine either manually or by scrubbing.  In this
> case, I sold the stock for exactly what I paid for it.  I waited until the
> price was close and put a limit order in and it hit.  No commission either
> way so cap gain is zero.  I did the automatic with scrub but nothing
> registered anywhere and I assumed it was because there was zero gain/loss.
> Do you think that might be my trial balance report difference even though
> the numbers aren’t close or multiples?

David Carlson