[GNC] Getting Gnucash to recognize Finance::Quote is installed correctly on Mac OS 11.4

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri May 28 15:14:08 EDT 2021

Hmm. Your original question was about how GnuCash determines whether F::Q is installed. The answer is that it calls gnc-fq-check. So if works from the command line and fails when GnuCash calls it then something is different between the two perl environments. Running GnuCash from Finder won't read your shell environment, but running it from Terminal does. The gnc-fq-foo programs are all perl so you can edit them. It's helpful that running GnuCash from Terminal doesn't work because there's a place for the output to go. Try adding
  print STDERR join "\n", @INC;
to gnc-fq-check right after the line
  # Runtime.
Run `gnc-fq-check` and `gnucash-cli --logto=stderr --log gnc.scm=debug --quotes get <filename>` from Terminal and compare the output.

Regards,
John Ralls