[GNC] Getting Gnucash to recognize Finance::Quote is installed correctly on Mac OS 11.4

James Mauro jmauro at gmail.com
Sat May 29 16:18:40 EDT 2021

I made the changes and it looks like the gnc-fq-check script isn't even
firing from the gnucash-cli    Trying to see if I'm tripping over some sort
of security settings somewhere that started in recently.  I also tried an
older Gnucash 4.4, with no change so I'm thinking it's some setting in the
computer and not Gnucash directly.   I'll let you know what I find.

jmauro at Wakarusa gnucash %
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-check

/Library/Perl/5.30/darwin-thread-multi-2level

/Library/Perl/5.30

/Network/Library/Perl/5.30/darwin-thread-multi-2level

/Network/Library/Perl/5.30

/Library/Perl/Updates/5.30.2/darwin-thread-multi-2level

/Library/Perl/Updates/5.30.2

/System/Library/Perl/5.30/darwin-thread-multi-2level

/System/Library/Perl/5.30

/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.30/darwin-thread-multi-2level

/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.30("1.49" "adig" "aex" "aiahk" "alphavantage"
"amfiindia" "asegr" "asx" "aufunds" "australia" "bamosz" "bet"
"bmonesbittburns" "bourso" "bse" "bsero" "canada" "canadamutual" "citywire"
"cominvest" "cse" "deka" "dutch" "dwsfunds" "europe"
"fetch_live_currencies" "fidelity" "fidelity_direct" "fidelityfixed"
"financecanada" "finanzpartner" "finland" "fool" "france" "ftfunds"
"ftportfolios" "ftportfolios_direct" "fundlibrary" "goldmoney" "greece"
"hex" "hu" "hufund" "hungary" "hustock" "iexcloud" "indiamutual"
"known_currencies" "lerevenu" "maninv" "morningstar" "morningstarau"
"morningstarch" "morningstarjp" "mstaruk" "nasdaq" "nyse" "nz" "nzx"
"platinum" "romania" "seb_funds" "sixfunds" "sixshares"
"stockhousecanada_fund" "tdefunds" "tdwaterhouse" "tiaacref" "tnetuk"
"troweprice" "troweprice_direct" "trustnet" "tsp" "tsx" "uk_unit_trusts"
"ukfunds" "unionfunds" "usa" "usfedbonds" "vanguard" "vwd" "yahoo_json"
"yahoo_yql" "za" "za_unittrusts")

-----

jmauro at Wakarusa gnucash %
/Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/gnucash-cli --logto=stderr --log
gnc.scm=debug --quotes get  2021-Register.gnucash

Application Path /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/gnucash-cli

(process:12281): gnc.gui-*WARNING* **: 08:22:07.973: [mac_set_languages()]
Language list: en:en_US:C

* 08:22:08 DEBUG <gnc.scm> gnc:fq-check-sources results: #<eof>

No quotes retrieved. Finance::Quote isn't installed properly.

--
---
James Mauro <jmauro at gmail.com> Phone: 785-979-1041