[GNC] QFX import: transaction matching NOT learning to match

davidcousens49 at gmail.com davidcousens49 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 4 23:26:27 EDT 2021

David

That should not be a problem at all. I used 3.7 and 3.8 before up grading to 4.8
and imported OFX files regularly without any problem and have recently been
importing them in 4.8 without any problems. Usually as long as the second
transfer account has been specified for all the transactions before the Import
button is pressed then the data for the import matching algorithm is stored
during the import process.  If that does not complete then the imbalance account
will normally only be applied if no transfer account was specified when it was
imported. If you don't complete the import process however the data isn't
recorded.

You can use the Tools->Import Map Editor to edit the stored data (Bayesian) and
look to see if an Imbalance account has actually been mapped at some stage but
AFAIK the matcher shouldn't store a mapping to an imbalance account in the
database. If you do find any data mapping to an Imbalance account in the "Mapped
to Account Name" column you can delete it in the editor by selecting the line
and pressing the "Delete" button at the bottom right of the window. Using the
Filter set to "Imbalance" should locate any such records. You can then multiply
select them and delete all of them.

David Cousens