[GNC] question from newbie

Doug lemans4 at internode.on.net
Sun Nov 7 06:12:11 EST 2021

Similar comment, by a non-accountant. What I do with transactions that are planned is to enter them when I place
 the forward transaction with the bank, & set the date as when the account will be paid (or transferred).
I can always see the current day balance by looking at the dividing line on the account at todays date.
 Recurring expenses such as loan payments, periodical payments etc are copied using the duplicated transaction,
 then edited if required. This is handy for transactions with multiple splits (such as your pay if employed),
where the amounts might change, but the splits remain fairly consistent (albeit with changed amounts).
eg in my case for deposited weekly pay (before I retired!) I had (to give an idea) Total pay> Income; Tax> Tax; Superannuation> Super;
various benefits & payments such as Union fees> relevant accounts. By using a duplicated transaction, it is
easier to remember exactly how the splits are distributed.
Hope that helps Mr Newbie!
regards, Doug