[GNC] Report printing of annual transactions

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Sun Nov 7 13:09:34 EST 2021

On 7 Nov 2021, at 17:37, sydnorbilling at bellsouth.net wrote:

> I had posted previously in trying to print a volume of year/y transactions
> for a reference compilation in black and white of all entries in account
> number order for any given year, I couldn't get the amounts to be included,
> and what had worked previously I can't find a way back to as the amounts do
> not appear in the line item results.  What I had gotten previously was a
> report with columns of:  Date, Description, Account, Transfer from/to, debit
> [amount], credit, [amount] Running balance [amount].  It listed pages of the
> many line item entries ending in totals by account with a bold line of text
> stating Total for [account number, account name]  TOTAL.   Trying to set up
> under General Ledger, General Journal, Transaction Report doesn't come close
> and I make my Options selections and put in the date range desired, and
> Select all in the Accounts and have program preferences set to the proper
> accounting range.
>

> So how do I print a report that has every transaction for the yearly
> accounting period January 01 through December 31 of any given year by
> account number?

Here’s how I produce a General Journal ordered by Account NAME.

Open the Transaction Report.

Click on Options

Click the “General” tab.

Choose the start and end dates.

Click the “Sorting” tab.

Choose Account Name as your Primary Key

This doesn’t quite deliver for you, as want to order by account NUMBER, but it should give you a start.

Hope that helps,

Michael