[GNC] Gnucash 3.7 - flatpak cannot recognize second internal HDD & USB Flashdrive

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 04:37:33 EST 2021

Hi Parag,

I'm no linux expert but the following works for me on ubuntu...

Open a terminal window and enter the following command to give Gnucash
access to your usb drive.  I believe this will only allow you to access
your usb drive in addition to the usual limited flatpak file system access
but as I said I'm no linux expert.  Also I'm not sure whether this setting
will be persisted through terminal sessions or upgrades to Gnucash - you
might have to do some reading to determine that but it seems to persist
between terminal sessions at least ;-)

sudo flatpak override org.gnucash.GnuCash --filesystem=/media/John/JETFLASH

All going well this will prompt you for your sudo password and allow
Gnucash to access your usb drive mounted at /media/John/JETFLASH

then run Gnucash as normal i.e.

flatpak run org.gnucash.GnuCash

If this works as expected just try exporting your chart of accounts as a
csv file to the usb drive - works for me.

Cheers David H.