[GNC] Gnucash 3.7 - flatpak cannot recognize second internal HDD & USB Flashdrive

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Nov 9 05:57:03 EST 2021

Op maandag 8 november 2021 11:44:55 CET schreef Frank H. Ellenberger:
> Hi,
>
> Am 08.11.21 um 10:37 schrieb David H:
> > Also I'm not sure whether this setting
> > will be persisted through terminal sessions or upgrades to Gnucash - you
> > might have to do some reading to determine that but it seems to persist
> > between terminal sessions at least ;-)
> >
> > sudo flatpak override org.gnucash.GnuCash
> > --filesystem=/media/John/JETFLASH
>
> flatpak override …
> is persistent.
>
> For a single session you can use
> flatpak run --filesystem=/media/John/JETFLASH org.gnucash.GnuCash
>
> Nitpick:
> While I would add the PCSC socket for all users, if a card reader is
> pressent:
> sudo flatpak override org.gnucash.GnuCash --socket=pcsc
>
> I would not expose John's stick or mount point to other users, so: NO
> "sudo" or "--system" in this command.

I believe --system refers to which installation of the flatpak you want to use and hence
depends on how you installed the package. And it will only be required if you have both a
system-wide and a user-only gnucash flatpak installed. Most users will have installed via
their OS's integrated package manager, which would install the flatpak system-wide.

As for sudo, isn't that required to be able to make changes to permissions for a system
installed flatpak ?

Regards,

Geert