[GNC] UK - Making tax digital

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Nov 19 16:27:20 EST 2021

Yes, I have been using an inbuilt GC report to generate the VAT numbers into a
CSV file, and linking that into a (commercial) spreadsheet bridge to actually
file VAT since the first wave of MTD happened a few years ago.

The spreadsheet is called something like "fileMyVatReturn", is in ODS or Excel
format and you pay a fee to them each time you submit a return.  This is not
an endorsement of that product, nor do I have any relationship other than
satusfied customer, but I have not had a problem with it.

I'll dig out a link for the spreadhseet bridge if popular search engines fail!

HTH,
Maf.