[GNC] Data load from CSV files - duplicates

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 05:21:16 EST 2021

There are a number of things that may be impacting your results.

First, check Edit > Preferences > Online Banking to be sure that options
under Generic Importer are still checked and the values listed are
reasonable.

Second, the entire chapter 16 of the Help manual has details that come into
play.  Reread <
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-help/trans-import.html#trans-import-matcher

Third, there have been some issues with some parts of the CSV and Generic
importers that have been discussed here in the last several weeks.  The
exact release of your GnuCAsh program could make a difference.  Please tell
us which version and which OS you are using.

Fourth,  while the OFX/QFX and QIF importers have some issues as well, they
have the advantage of being more mature and their limitations are better
understood by users.  If your bank offers either of these types of exports,
try them.  The QIF seems to work well for initial imports, taken in fairly
small chunks, say a month's data at a time.

When you have distilled your results to more specific issues, users here
can give better advice to address your problems.

David Carlson