[GNC] Accounts Payable payment entry is marked as an Invoice

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Nov 22 20:03:37 EST 2021

Not quite certain I follow, but if you mean by how I processed the
payment, I did so through the official "Process Payment" function.

And if you mean I might be looking at AR instead of AP, not that either.

The 'error' presented appears on the Vendor Report. Clicking it brought
me to the AP register. Which is where I first saw the "I" and upon
further investigation found the discrepancies with everything else
showing a proper payment.

Regards,
Adrien

On 11/22/21 6:05 PM, Christopher Lam wrote:
> No, the way around, P changes to I.
> Same fix.
>
> On Tue, 23 Nov 2021 at 00:04, Christopher Lam <christopher.lck at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You must have opened the AR register, and clicked on the Transaction type
>> "I" payment split. This stupidly changes it to "P".
>> The official fix is to not click on the AP/AR register.
>>
>> On Tue, 23 Nov 2021, 5:45 am Adrien Monteleone, <
>> adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I was entering annual property tax bills, and noticed for one from last
>>> year, that it has a notation on the Vendor Report of:
>>>
>>> "Please note some transactions were not processed
>>> 1. Transaction has type invoice but no owner or lot"
>>>
>>> Viewing the AP register shows the payment entry, but marked with an "I"
>>> instead of a "P".
>>>
>>> Jumping to the Invoice shows it as PAID, and viewing lots shows both
>>> invoice and payment with a zero balance. (no balance really)
>>>
>>> Any ideas on what caused this and how to fix it?
>>>
>>> (using 4.7 on BigSur)
>>> --
>>> Regards,
>>> Adrien