[GNC] Flatpak/Flatseal Gnucash fails to launch

Elmar etschme at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 12:42:38 EST 2021

Good afternoon, all

I just went through a clean install, replacing my Linux Mint 19.3 with
Mint 20.2.  Gnucash 3.8 is provided and it opens my data file seemingly
OK, but I had the flatpak running version 4.x, and would like to get
that back.  I have installed and reinstalled flatpak, but when I click
on the icon for gnucash 4.x, I get the wait timer, and then nothing.
Flatseal also reacts the same way, i.e. does not open, although if
flatpak is really isntalled it should at least show its window.  Ideas
on how to get the flatpak version running again?  Thanks

- Elmar

Release Linux Mint 20.2 Uma 64-bit
Kernel Linux 5.4.0-90-generic x86_64
MATE 1.24.0

  (ignore the autosig - and how do I change it btw?)