[GNC] Using Gnucash to access file over flaky network

Geoff cleanoutmyshed at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 18:00:38 EST 2021

Hi Chris

You originally said:

 > For reasons that are complicated but not especially interesting, I
 > would like to run Gnucash on one machine, with the data file located
 > on a remote machine — with the added challenge that the network access
 > available to the Gnucash "client" machine is a terrible cellular data
 > connection that sometimes drops without warning.

Depending on the speed / latency of your connection, another alternative
for you to consider is "remote access" software on the "client" to
access GnuCash on the "remote server".

Solutions, depending on you operating system(s), include:
* Windows Remote Desktop
* VNC - Viewer & Server
https://www.realvnc.com/en/connect/pricing/
https://www.tecmint.com/best-remote-linux-desktop-sharing-software/