[GNC] Using Gnucash to access file over flaky network

Chris Mitchell gnucash at chris.oldnest.ca
Fri Nov 26 09:30:42 EST 2021

Thanks to all for your insights!

Now that the general hesitance about the remote-SQLite setup has been
specifically substantiated, I guess I'll have to decide between braving
the "less tested" Postgres server backend or just go with the scripted
lock-and-copy approach.

I have for a while now been kind of wanting to learn some database
admin basics, so I'll probably take this excuse to do that, and if I
trash my Gnucash data while learning, I'll have nobody to blame but
myself. (Step 1: learn how to correctly back up and restore a Posgres
DB...)

As an added bonus, that would get me poised and ready to try out
concurrent multi-user access some day down the road when it gets
implemented.  ;-)

Cheers!
 -Chris