[GNC] Stock transaction research

Christopher Lam christopher.lck at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 02:00:31 EST 2021

I believe gnucash can record all your detailed stock accounting accurately,
however, the data entry is (imho) difficult to do correctly. Additionally,
to extract data from your stock accounts is also not obvious-- from
dividends to notional distributions to stock splits, or reinvesting
dividends into stock. I do not know if the portfolio reports can understand
all possible legal combinations. I'm certain they do not handle shorting.

There will be hopefully an accurate
Stock assistant which helps create correct transactions. But it's not
ready: https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/pull/818