[GNC] Budget Report Liability "Act" VS Liability Report "Delta"

Charles Crossan crossan007 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 20:47:15 EST 2021

Hello!

I've been using GNUCash (gratefully, and happily) for 10 years, and this is
my first time reaching out to the mailing list.

I recently noticed that the "Budget Report" for the current period shows a
different "Act" value for "changes in Liabilities" than the
manually-calculated liability delta from the "Net Worth Report" or the
"Liability report" (using the same set of accounts) for the same one-month
period.

For instance, budget report "act" says "Liabilities Decreased by $1500",
but the liabilities report says " Liabilities  increased by $3500"

I feel like my comprehension of accounting is betraying me.  How is this
possible?  Has anyone else seen something like this before?

--
Thanks,

Charles Crossan
@crossan007 <https://twitter.com/crossan007>