[GNC] Flatpak/Flatseal Gnucash fails to launch

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Nov 30 03:13:50 EST 2021

Op donderdag 25 november 2021 18:42:38 CET schreef Elmar:
> Good afternoon, all
>
> I just went through a clean install, replacing my Linux Mint 19.3 with
> Mint 20.2.  Gnucash 3.8 is provided and it opens my data file seemingly
> OK, but I had the flatpak running version 4.x, and would like to get
> that back.  I have installed and reinstalled flatpak, but when I click
> on the icon for gnucash 4.x, I get the wait timer, and then nothing.
> Flatseal also reacts the same way, i.e. does not open, although if
> flatpak is really isntalled it should at least show its window.  Ideas
> on how to get the flatpak version running again?  Thanks
>
> - Elmar

Hi Elmar,

It may be useful to start gnucash in flatpak from the command line to check for error
messages.

You can do so by opening a terminal window (Konsole, Xterm, Gnome Terminal,...) and enter
this command:

flaptak run org.gnucash.GnuCash

And see if it prints any output in the terminal that may indicate possible issues.

Regards,

Geert