[GNC] Scheduled Transaction Posting Order

Robin Chattopadhyay robinraymn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 17:01:50 EDT 2021

Is there a way to control the posting order of scheduled transactions?

For example, I have scheduled transaction A that runs every two weeks
(payroll) and scheduled transaction B (kids' allowance) that runs every
week.

For the bank account side of the transaction, it would be nice if the
deposit (from transaction A) would appear in the register before the
withdrawal (from transaction B).

I get that it's just an appearance thing in the register as all the
accounts are set to display using the standard order. It's not something
that's worthy of a patch, even if I knew how to code C/C++, I wouldn't
waste time on this; I was just curious if the posting order could be
controlled within the context of the existing user experience.

Thanks,
Robin