[GNC] Scheduled Transaction Posting Order

Gyle McCollam gmccollam at live.com
Fri Oct 1 18:53:38 EDT 2021

Robin,
According to the help menu, if you give the scheduled transaction for A a lower number than B, it should come 1st in the register.  That is if you have the standard sort order selected, see below:

Account Register - View Menu

The View menu in the Menubar. Table 4.3, “Account Tree - View-Menu - Changes display window view.”<ch04s02.html#AccTree-ViewMenu> is supplemented for the transaction view by the following entries.

Table 4.13. Account Register - View-Menu - Changes GnuCash display window characteristics.

Menu Item

Description

Basic Ledger

Radio button to select register display mode. See Tutorial and Concepts Guide, Choosing a Register Style<https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v4/C/gnucash-guide/chapter_txns.html#txns-regstyle1>.

Auto-Split Ledger

Radio button to select register display mode.

Transaction Journal

Radio button to select register display mode.

Double Line

Check-box to enable/disable display of Double Line display.

Sort by...

Set the sort order of the transactions display. Requires a click to start options form. Option form requires Cancel/OK to close.

Standard Order

Keep normal order: date posted [day], number, date entered [second] [a] , description.

Date

Sort by date.

Date of Entry

Sort by date of entry.

Statement Date

Sort by the statement date (unreconciled items last).

Number

Sort by number.

Amount

Sort by amount.

Memo

Sort by memo.

Description

Sort by Description.

Action

Sort by action field.

Notes

Sort by notes field.

Reverse Order

Reverse the sort order.

Save Sort Order

Save the sort order between sessions.

[a] The “date entered” is usually invisible. Use a report to display it.

Hope this helps.

Thank You,
Gyle McCollam

Gyle McCollam