[GNC] Gnucash 4.8: doesn't read or store config

David H hellvee at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 17:13:09 EDT 2021

Klaus,

This from the release notes may be relevant ?  On Windows after installing
4.7 I had a couple of windows flash up quickly, to quickly to read what
they said and then a new blank Gnucash file opened.  I had to use file open
to open my usual xml Gnucash file....

The GnuCash development team announces GnuCash 4.7, the eighth release in
the stable 4.x series
Compatibility Notice

In order to allow flatpak users to share preferences with installations
outside of the sandbox we need to change the preference path from
/org/gnucash to /org/gnucash/GnuCash. This release of GnuCash does that and
it will automatically migrate existing preferences. It does not, however,
continue to write preferences to the old path and it runs the migration
only once. If you go back and forth between GnuCash 4.7 and an older
versions you'll have two sets of preferences, one for GnuCash 4.7 and later
and another for GnuCash 4.6 and earlier. This includes the file history
list and last-opened file.

Cheers David H.