[GNC] Cannot get current version from Flathub on Raspbian OS

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Oct 4 21:26:34 EDT 2021

> On Oct 4, 2021, at 3:51 PM, Tommy Trussell <tommy.trussell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2021 at 9:13 PM Colin <colinfarndt at gmail.com <mailto:colinfarndt at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> I apologize if I’m adding (yet another) newbie flatpak question to this
>> list, but…
>>
>> I’ve got GnuCash installed on my Raspberry Pi 4 running the latest
>> updates. I installed GnuCash, via Flathub, following the instructions on
>> the GnuCash Wiki page. BUT I only got version 4.4.
>>
>> Running 'flatpack update’ does not help, as it shows no available updates.
>>
>> What am I missing?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Colin
>>

> I think it's a great question!
>
> The short answer is GnuCash might not currently be being built for the Pi,
> probably since version 4.4. (Unless it has appeared in the flatpak
> repository since you asked.)
>
> Unfortunately I can't find an easy way to tell without digging out a Pi and
> looking for myself. The flatpak commands only show what's available for the
> host's architecture, which for me is x86_64, so I cannot see the Pi
> packages at all.
>
> If there's a way to see all the architectures the repository contains
> for GnuCash, that would make it much easier, but I don't know how.
>
> I hope someone sees this and can say what is getting built!

If you look at the top commit at https://github.com/flathub/org.gnucash.GnuCash/ <https://github.com/flathub/org.gnucash.GnuCash/> you'll see a little green check next to it. Hover on that check and it shows the three GitHub Actions that drive flathub publishing. They're build-aarch64, build-x86_64, and download-sources. All passed, meaning that there's an aarch64 build floating around somewhere, but all of the steps past pushing to that repo are automatic and somewhat opaque.

Regards,
John Ralls