[GNC] Upgrade installation question

john jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Oct 4 21:30:45 EDT 2021

> On Oct 4, 2021, at 5:03 PM, Gerry Starnes <gerrystarnes at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Re: Gnucash on Mac OS Big Sur
> I recently upgraded from 3.7 to 4.7. I downloaded the DMG, opened it and
> there were several files, including the Gnucash program. I dragged the
> program file directly into the Go > Applications directory and it ran. The
> problem is that it is still connected to the Gnucash-4.7 volume. If I put
> that in the trash, Gnucash won't run.
>
> When I restarted the computer due to another unrelated issue, I had to dig
> the Gnucash DMG out of the Downloads folder and run it again or the program
> can't be found.
>
> There must be a step I'm missing, but I can't figure it out. Your help is
> appreciated.

Dunno what you mean by Go > Applications, but if it runs immediately it's not copying. Open another Finder window, navigate to Applications in that, and drag Gnucash from the dmg window to that window. It should pause for a couple of beats then put up a little box showing progress as it copies the app bundle to the Applications folder. When that finishes, eject the dmg and launch GnuCash from the other Finder window.

Regards,
John Ralls