[GNC] Upgrade installation question

Gerry Starnes gerrystarnes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:03:15 EDT 2021

Re: Gnucash on Mac OS Big Sur
I recently upgraded from 3.7 to 4.7. I downloaded the DMG, opened it and
there were several files, including the Gnucash program. I dragged the
program file directly into the Go > Applications directory and it ran. The
problem is that it is still connected to the Gnucash-4.7 volume. If I put
that in the trash, Gnucash won't run.

When I restarted the computer due to another unrelated issue, I had to dig
the Gnucash DMG out of the Downloads folder and run it again or the program
can't be found.

There must be a step I'm missing, but I can't figure it out. Your help is
appreciated.

Gerry