[GNC] Default Accounting period permanent change (Ver 4.6 still..)

Alan Hopkins hoppo52 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 22:32:07 EDT 2021

   Hi Doug
   Nice to hear from another Aussie PCLOS & GNUCash user!
   I have the same version of GNC as you (as that's what is in the repo!)
   - I haven't been using GNC for long but I set the accounting period in
   the Preferences as Absolute to 1st July 20 to 30 Jun 21 (ie last fin
   year) and it defaults the reports (Beginning & End of Accounting
   Period) to the correct dates.  I will need to change that for this fin.
   year (and those that follow) as it is an absolute setting but I don't
   see that as problem.
   Another alternative would be to set the dates in the Report Options and
   then save that report configuration so when you use it the report has
   the default settings you want.
   But I guess you know all the above being a long-time GNC user!
   My thanks to the GNUCash gurus, facilitators & fixers - GNC is a
   terrific resource!!
   Cheers
   Hop